color picker not matching render result

9 hours ago, davpe said:

just guessing, but with such a small deviation like this (~0.0001) i would blame a sampling noise

thanks for your reply

i tried to fix it by reduce the noise in mantra rop but no successes, i just tested it in comp and i get the same result, is it a bug ?do you know any other tools than can pick a color from an image for houdini ?

cc3d9c61b7.jpg

hmm, I see. the workflow is interesting. i just tried this and found out color picker only has 8-bit color resolution so this may be it. colors in render are fine (color inspector show correct numbers) but picker seems to do a poor job. shame.

5 minutes ago, davpe said:

maybe, but this is something I wouldn't know how to approach. you need someone smarter to help :) 

no problem dude you are smarter then me XD . another thing when i change my render pass to 8bit integer this little value pop up in the inspector if i can find a way to pick it it will solve my problem

who_are_you_.png

I believe the value is 0.2627 * 255 = 66.9885 (or as an integer 67).

I also played around the settings a bit, and here are the things that I changed in order to get the same values from the Inspector and the Picker.

color_picker_8bit.jpg

Edited by galagast

46 minutes ago, galagast said:

I believe the value is 0.2627 * 255 = 66.9885 (or as an integer 67).

I also played around the settings a bit, and here are the things that I changed in order to get the same values from the Inspector and the Picker.

color_picker_8bit.jpg

thanks a lots for this information i tried your method but it's still not working with some area , i'm trying to tweak it and i'll post the result , thanks again :)

not_working_yet_.png