FLIP morph custom forces

gpapaioa

Hello everyone,

I am trying to achieve a similar effect likes this by Ivan: 

On the sidefx forums, Ivan mentions that he creates two fields, one to attract the particles and one to keep the particles on the surface. I managed to create the force field to attract the particles but i cant find a way to create a field to keep the particles inside the geometry and form the shape. Any tips or help is highly appreciated.

• Like 1

Hey,

Not much thought put into this at the moment, but would imagine you could use both the volume gradient and the volume sample to create both fields. Gradient will give you the direction, and the sample will let you know where are the particles. Negative values would represent inside your geo, positive outside. Zero value represents the positions directly on the surface. (This is for VDBs)

Hope it helps

M

• Like 1

Thanx M. I managed to achieve something by using POP nodes. I make a bound object using the geometry and when particles are passing through, I group them and use a POP wrangle to zero their velocity. I understand the SDF concept with 0s and minus, my lack of knowledge is how can I use this information with the FLIP solver and tell the particles to stay on the surface and stick to it.

• Like 1