Voronoi Fracture Into Pyramid Pieces of Equal Size.

Hi Guys,

Quick question I hope somebody can help with...I want to Voronoi fracture a box and to have each piece of said fracture to be an equally sized pyramid. 

I have tried numerous approaches but can't quite seem to be able to crack it, any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Clive

1 hour ago, CliveLlewellyn said:

Hi Guys,

Quick question I hope somebody can help with...I want to Voronoi fracture a box and to have each piece of said fracture to be an equally sized pyramid. 

I have tried numerous approaches but can't quite seem to be able to crack it, any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Clive

I`m curious about it too. When I use Solid Embed node after Voronoi fracture it kinda does that, but doesn`t really respect exact position of fracture lines.

6 hours ago, CliveLlewellyn said:

Hi, Sorry I am not sure if my question was clear enough. I am trying to achieve something like this.

Any ideas?

Tri.PNG

I think I'm qualified to answer that ;)

This was made by creating a uniform honeycomb grid first ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convex_uniform_honeycomb ) and using a cookie operation to get the intersection of it and the geometry. First, remove the pieces that are outside of the intersection volume, then do the cookie operation.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bandini said:

This was made by creating a uniform honeycomb grid first ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convex_uniform_honeycomb ) and using a cookie operation to get the intersection of it and the geometry. First, remove the pieces that are outside of the intersection volume, then do the cookie operation.

Hey, thank you so much this helped a lot.

Cheers Adam :D 

On 12/14/2016 at 7:32 PM, bandini said:

Hi Adam,

I still can't quite seem to crack this. If you could perhaps share a simple scene file that would be greatly appreciated!

All the best,

Clive 

Edited by CliveLlewellyn

Hey Clive,

I'm sorry, that project has been archived for years. No access to it, unfortunately. First, make sure you understand how the cookie sop works. Second, create a tool to make the honeycomb pattern. It's just a bunch of platonic solids packed together. Some are 4-sided pyramids, some are 8-sided. Not too hard, but you need to check some of the math to make sure the angles and spacing are correct. Can all be done in a Copy sop.

-Adam

Edited by bandini
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, bandini said:

Hey Clive,

I'm sorry, that project has been archived for years. No access to it, unfortunately. First, make sure you understand how the cookie sop works. Second, create a tool to make the honeycomb pattern. It's just a bunch of platonic solids packed together. Some are 4-sided pyramids, some are 8-sided. Not too hard, but you need to check some of the math to make sure the angles and spacing are correct. Can all be done in a Copy sop.

-Adam

Thanks again Adam!