UV mapping a mass of hair curves

enquel

I have this problem: I have the hair curves imported as one mass of of points (each hair curve has equal length), which I then turned into actual curves by adding polylines broken every nth point. I then swept everything into actual polygons. Now, my problem is: I want to apply UV mapping, a linear mapping along each of the curves, and place them one right to another, like  a patch of grass seen from a side. How to do that? UVTexture SOP has the options for splines, but I guess these needs to be single splines, not a bunch of them.

Thank you in advance!

Did not work, I will post sample file soon. I guess I would need to make an attribute integer that would take a different value based on a strand number, then, maybe use a for each loop to do the mapping for each strand, then collect them and lay out nicely. Yet, I haven't been using Houdini for quite a time (been working on a game in Unity) and could use some help here.

My suggestion is doing the U component calculation, seperately on the backbone curves, and the V component on the cross section curves. with How the sweep SOP works since H15, that may just work.
Otherwise I would suggest using a copy sop and enable transfer attributes in the 3rd tab (to keep the U component). Then you can just combine the U and V after the operation.

Finally you can do a skin operation per original backbone curve

14 hours ago, Shinjipierre said:

Uvtexture with the rows and columns option?

57 minutes ago, enquel said:

Did not work, I will post sample file soon. I guess I would need to make an attribute integer that would take a different value based on a strand number, then, maybe use a for each loop to do the mapping for each strand, then collect them and lay out nicely. Yet, I haven't been using Houdini for quite a time (been working on a game in Unity) and could use some help here.

This only works if either or both of the curves are in NURBS btw.

Edited by acey195