Bullet penetration

blackchicken

Hello

I have scattered points, a lot of them and I copy some simple objects, which represents roughly my Hires Geo. Problem is, that whole system is procedural, so I never know if Ill be simulating 20k or 50k objects. Ofcourse more objects, more penetration on first frame. So I have an idea, to do a small sim, where on couple of frames play new bullet sim and all penetrating objects will move until theres no penetration (say time shift 10-20f). Then I`ll start my main sim without penetration (a lot of different constraints, some groups of active objects.....) But problem is, that bullet do nothing even there`s a lot of penetration. I cant find any parameter in bullet solver, rbd packet prim, which will help me. Ofcourse Ill be happy to hold main shape as close to original as possible. There is simple scene. Thanks a lot. 

bullet_penetration.hip

The solver intentionally allows initially overlapping objects to gracefully separate, since there would otherwise be frequent problems with closely packed fractured pieces. There are some RFE's open to add some solver parameters to control this, but you can bypass it by setting the 'found_overlap' point attribute to 1 before the simulation starts. Then, you just want to turn on Split Impulse and set the Penetration Threshold to 0 so that collisions are resolved without adding any velocity.

bullet_penetration_v2.hip

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cwhite said:

The solver intentionally allows initially overlapping objects to gracefully separate, since there would otherwise be frequent problems with closely packed fractured pieces. There are some RFE's open to add some solver parameters to control this, but you can bypass it by setting the 'found_overlap' point attribute to 1 before the simulation starts. Then, you just want to turn on Split Impulse and set the Penetration Threshold to 0 so that collisions are resolved without adding any velocity.

bullet_penetration_v2.hip

hi, thats really nice thing to sorted intersect but how it will behave when we have pre deforming or multiple objects... because as i m using this its not working in pre defined animation.. 

Thanks

3 hours ago, kunal_nainwal said:

hi, thats really nice thing to sorted intersect but how it will behave when we have pre deforming or multiple objects... because as i m using this its not working in pre defined animation.. 

Thanks

If you can post an example file it'll be much easier for someone to answer your question / provide a solution