Is there any way to make these keyframe handles bigger?

boyle

I love doing animation in houdini! I think it has the best keyframe workflow of any program I've worked with.

The ONLY thing that slows me down is having to try and grab these tiny nanoscale keyframe handles 5 times before I can get a hold of them. (the yellow square in the screenshot).

Is there any way to make these bigger that I am missing?

thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 13.46.00.png

Edited by boyle

Can we talk about this? I'm struggling with the interface... prepping a lengthy feedback as I find it very unintuitive to deal with even the simpler things like framing the animation segment I'm interested in, dealing with channel selections, back and forth between dope sheet and animation editor etc.
I'm coming from pmG and modo... doing creature, character, camera work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stickman said:

Can we talk about this? I'm struggling with the interface... prepping a lengthy feedback as I find it very unintuitive to deal with even the simpler things like framing the animation segment I'm interested in, dealing with channel selections, back and forth between dope sheet and animation editor etc.
I'm coming from pmG and modo... doing creature, character, camera work.

David, H16 is launched on Feb 6th and I suspect that there's a strong likelihood that many of these workflow issues around more traditional animation workflows are going to be addressed. 

There were a lot of clues given in the Roadmap presentation at Siggraph.

yeah, I'm familiar with that and even had the chance to get some glimpses of coming glory. I find none of my concerns with interface and workflow addressed... and @boyle... I really am interested in where you come from, for what purposes and what kind of actions you are animating. Maybe I'm missing something.

1 hour ago, stickman said:

yeah, I'm familiar with that and even had the chance to get some glimpses of coming glory. I find none of my concerns with interface and workflow addressed... and @boyle... I really am interested in where you come from, for what purposes and what kind of actions you are animating. Maybe I'm missing something.

Independent of the type of work you produce, I find that moving around and framing the animation segment you're interested in is super easy. Much easier than in other software.

As an example workflow:

When doing animation, I have my animation editor right below my viewport. Say I might want to tweak some keyframes that I have on the y-axis rotation of an object: I simply shift+MMB click on that parameter channel. Then with my cursor over the animation editor I press "H" to see all my keyframes in that channel. I then drag over the keyframes I'm interested in to select them and press "F" to frame that. Boom, all in less than 1,5 secs.

Then however, the only thing is that I spend 10 secs trying to grab that yellow handle, lol ;-)

If that were to be solved I think I would never sleep again.

Edited by boyle

Hello, I have tried few things and this works ... I am not sure if it helps somehow. You are probably on retina?

- hover over the handle "line" (it highlights)
- click and drag LMB to move the whole line
- then hold CTRL if you want to move the handle

- EDIT: you can release the CTRL and fine tune the slope "more far" from the key, which is also nice (sorry for my bad english)

Edited by ikoon