Problem with Deforming Static RBD_Packed Object with Glue Constraint Network

rgblues

Hello,
I'm wondering if someone has done something similar and could help me with this.

My project involves a building destruction triggered by a earthquake...I managed to get everything done excepted breaking the windows glasses.
I need help/advice/tips  on how I can constraint the glass to the windows frame pieces (static deforming rbd packed) so some of the glass shards will be glued around the windows frames during the whole shot.
I have the widows frames fractured baked out already.

So far I don't know how to update the constraint network to the static deforming geometry...in other words, the constrained geometry is not sticking to the deforming geometry but stay stationary instead.

It seems what I want to achieve is not straight forward and everything involving constraints networks on static deforming packed objects is a tedious task involving lots of vex coding and scary stuff (I'm a beginner)...but I hope someone can check out my scene and offers some tips or guidelines.

I have attached a simplified version of the scene (sorry for the big zip, I included the windows sim cached)

Thanks!

Destruction_help.zip

windows.JPG

Glass constrained to the windows:

constraint.JPG

I ran out of time to get it completely working, times ticking for a wed deadline. Here is an updated setup where the constraint are locked to the non-moving initial positions. You might be able to take it back from here. There is a SideFX example help file I might be able to dig up later for this if you search through the constraint examples you should be able to find it. 

You were just killing off a few attributes like name in your clean, and re-assembling items. Maintaining the name associations through the glue process is important.

L_A_Destruction_46_stable_help_edit.hipnc

• Like 1

Thanks bro, but yeah.... Constraining RBD packed fractured objects on static deforming objects is a real twisting brain issue. It's probably way over my humble skills right now. And after investigation...the glue constraints is probably not the right way to do it...more chance with hard constraints I guess. Anyways, time flies and I'm trying to finish my demo reel for next monday. I'm pretty overloaded and I'm just not sure I can do it anymore. Hopefully someone has a better clue on how to approach this.