crowd ragdoll collision issue - strange bounding box around alembic geo?

anthonymcgrath

hi everyone got a little problem here - i've setup a ragdoll system for my crowd... i've animated a door in maya that opens up and that was exported from maya via alembic.
the prob is as the characters run towards the door they sort of collide around a bounding box and i cant figure out why?

has anyone encountered this?  Its really pickling my head - they are clearly hitting a bounding box of the opening doors

I'm afraid i cant send a scene either :(

anyone any ideas?

thanks
ant

doorProb.JPG

Not sure if this uses bullet, but it looks like bullets convex hull. Instead of viewing the volume representation, go to the Bullet Data tab of your collision object and show guide geometry. That's probably what it collides with. So instead of convex hull choose concave.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Skybar said:

Not sure if this uses bullet, but it looks like bullets convex hull. Instead of viewing the volume representation, go to the Bullet Data tab of your collision object and show guide geometry. That's probably what it collides with. So instead of convex hull choose concave.

uuuurrrrghhhh such a simple thing of course lol!!!  that worked a treat thankyou :D  attached a pic below with the big green guy in there too ;)

only issue i have now is the characters seem to head upwards as if knocked up or down from contact with a fallen ragdoll - any ideas on this one ?

ace.JPG

yay sussed it

if you dont want your dudes moving up and down when they get near other soldiers or ragdolls... simply switch "project forces" ON  :)

soldiers.JPG

want and in the manual and the pop up hints/help in houdini it quite literally states to use this button to stop that very effect from happening :)
manual.jpg