Fractured Jello

esteban_diacono

Hello there!

First question here on the forum, hope it's not a silly one. I'm trying to create a "Jello-fracture effect". What does this means? Something like a pre-fractured voronoi object but with pieces made of Jello. Basically what I'm trying to do is fracture an object, apply a grain solver, and mess around with the attributes. So far, I'm stuck in several places Main problem? The grain solver creates a big cluster of dots, but doesn't respect the voronoi pieces (is this possible?). I'm after something like the attached video, but with less sophistication (no fancy cutting), since I'm basically a newbie in Houdini.

Thanks in advance!

You may not even need the grain solver. Something as simple as the jiggle CHOP might work. It can give a jelly like effect to an object, or part of an object, in motion.

mushroom.gif

Edited by Atom

5 hours ago, esteban_diacono said:

Hello there!

First question here on the forum, hope it's not a silly one. I'm trying to create a "Jello-fracture effect". What does this means? Something like a pre-fractured voronoi object but with pieces made of Jello. Basically what I'm trying to do is fracture an object, apply a grain solver, and mess around with the attributes. So far, I'm stuck in several places Main problem? The grain solver creates a big cluster of dots, but doesn't respect the voronoi pieces (is this possible?). I'm after something like the attached video, but with less sophistication (no fancy cutting), since I'm basically a newbie in Houdini.

Thanks in advance!

Try with this file! (asi puedes conseguir que se respeten las piezas voronoi) :)

Cheers!

Alejandro

voronoi_grains.hip

12 hours ago, Atom said:

You may not even need the grain solver. Something as simple as the jiggle CHOP might work. It can give a jelly like effect to an object, or part of an object, in motion.

mushroom.gif

Thanks, cool tip!

10 hours ago, newbee said:

here is some quick jello tests i had done with just a simple box :)

Yes, I've seen this tests on the Jelly Pig video on Vimeo, looks great!

9 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

Try with this file! (asi puedes conseguir que se respeten las piezas voronoi) :)

Cheers!

Alejandro

voronoi_grains.hip

Gracias Alejandro!!