Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
esteban_diacono

Fractured Jello

Hello there!

First question here on the forum, hope it's not a silly one. I'm trying to create a "Jello-fracture effect". What does this means? Something like a pre-fractured voronoi object but with pieces made of Jello. Basically what I'm trying to do is fracture an object, apply a grain solver, and mess around with the attributes. So far, I'm stuck in several places Main problem? The grain solver creates a big cluster of dots, but doesn't respect the voronoi pieces (is this possible?). I'm after something like the attached video, but with less sophistication (no fancy cutting), since I'm basically a newbie in Houdini.

Thanks in advance!

You may not even need the grain solver. Something as simple as the jiggle CHOP might work. It can give a jelly like effect to an object, or part of an object, in motion.

mushroom.gif

Edited by Atom

here is some quick jello tests i had done with just a simple box :)

Edited by newbee
2 people like this

5 hours ago, esteban_diacono said:

Hello there!

First question here on the forum, hope it's not a silly one. I'm trying to create a "Jello-fracture effect". What does this means? Something like a pre-fractured voronoi object but with pieces made of Jello. Basically what I'm trying to do is fracture an object, apply a grain solver, and mess around with the attributes. So far, I'm stuck in several places Main problem? The grain solver creates a big cluster of dots, but doesn't respect the voronoi pieces (is this possible?). I'm after something like the attached video, but with less sophistication (no fancy cutting), since I'm basically a newbie in Houdini.

Thanks in advance!

Try with this file! (asi puedes conseguir que se respeten las piezas voronoi) :)

Cheers!

Alejandro

voronoi_grains.hip

12 hours ago, Atom said:

You may not even need the grain solver. Something as simple as the jiggle CHOP might work. It can give a jelly like effect to an object, or part of an object, in motion.

mushroom.gif

Thanks, cool tip!

10 hours ago, newbee said:

here is some quick jello tests i had done with just a simple box :)

Yes, I've seen this tests on the Jelly Pig video on Vimeo, looks great!

9 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

Try with this file! (asi puedes conseguir que se respeten las piezas voronoi) :)

Cheers!

Alejandro

voronoi_grains.hip

Gracias Alejandro!!