Attract objects to one another

notalk

Very new to Houdini, coming from C4D. Say i have two spheres in my scene. I want one to be stationary and the other to be an organic tissue that is attracted to the stationary sphere.. So when i simulate the scene, the softbody sphere should fly over and stick to the stationary sphere.

I hate to ask what i feel like is such a noob question.. but I've looked around and all i can find on attraction has to do with particles.. nothing on how to attract one object to another. I'm probably overlooking something that's right in front of my face but..

how would i go about doing this? 

Thanks!

If you're using.fem for soft body, you can set a target mesh for it to try and reach. The target mesh will be your soft body sitting on the sphere. Your simulated mesh will be offset somewhere you like. I think the same procedure applies to grains as well. If not you can use POP attract set to follow your target. You can see the procedure in my tutorial that is available on sidefx. It's called Crumple meshes with fem or something like that.