Pyro Launch Broken - HELP

chrisdunham95

Hey guys working on a pyro sim all was good until out of the complete blue it doesnt seem to be simming properly or at all, getting errors in fluid source node for no reason that i know of (errors such as cooking interrupted or cant compute) and the cache i load in is blank - no errors with the geo so im just providing the file, any help would be great as i cant seem to fix it :(

pyro_help.hip

Edited by chrisdunham95

Hey Chris,

The  cooking interrupted or cant compute are often issues to do with stopping Houdini while its mid calculation. You can either restart Houdini or find the node where cooking was interrupted and flick the bypass on and off.

As far as your pyro goes, your resize container is looking for density to determine its size , however there isnt enough density at the start of your sim so it just jumps the box back to the origin and you get empty frames.

if you add "fuel" to your "reference field" then it will give the density enough time to build and the resize will follow it.

I am curious as to why you're using combustion here to create your smoke as opposed to sourcing directly from a density volume?

reference field.PNG

• Like 1

hey gavin, thanks for that however this doesnt fix it for me:/ - and i completely agree with your suggestion of using fuel but ive not had this issue before and as i said been working in this scene a while - just tried that and i still get no results whatso ever - and i am creating smoke from the combustion model rather than source smoke node as i am simming a rocket launch and that to me from what i know was the logical thing to do - create smoke from emitted fuel rather than seperate 

Any more ideas would be great, tried resseting the sim and resimming - maybe i should just copy all my nodes into a new scene? 

Edited by chrisdunham95

- EDIT WORKING - Thanks gavin, i went in and kept bypassing nodes that seemed to be breaking for no reason and at last its working again :)! 

- Anyone know why this happens though and things 'break' for next to no reasoN>? 

Edited by chrisdunham95

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have a pyro sim which once again has broken for no apparent reason i just opened it back up and now i get nothing in the render - dont have a clue why

and my resize bounding box isnt working as it should either - but if i add vel to it it does work better - any help would be great as id rather not rebuild my setup X_x 

RocketLaunch_v13_t1.hip

58 minutes ago, chrisdunham95 said:

Hello,

I have a pyro sim which once again has broken for no apparent reason i just opened it back up and now i get nothing in the render - dont have a clue why

and my resize bounding box isnt working as it should either - but if i add vel to it it does work better - any help would be great as id rather not rebuild my setup X_x 

RocketLaunch_v13_t1.hip

Enable smoke in Pyro solver.

Combustion>Emit Smoke>Smoke Amount