Absolut Dissection Shatter effect likeness

macj89

Hello guys!

I am trying to replicate the "shatter" effect of Absolut Dissection commercial (old but gold).

Im new to Houdini, and I am trying to recreate the "shatter" effect with that clean "tetris like" geometry, or atleast, doing a "remesh" with that pattern to extrude it later and make my own pieces.

How do u guys would approach it?

I just need some guides, im not asking anybody to do it for me! I want to learn ! :)

Thank you very much for your time!

M.

Edited by macj89

My first thought was are they using Matt's brick style Voronoi fracture method? I also thought, they may have followed that up with a simple ExplodedView node with an animated value. The internal bottle fluid shape just has some noise on it and those floating droplets may only be metaballs copied to particles expanding from the internal fluid surface.

It has a nice look though.

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

On 28/1/2017 at 11:08 PM, Atom said:

My first thought was are they using Matt's brick style Voronoi fracture method? I also thought, they may have followed that up with a simple ExplodedView node with an animated value. The internal bottle fluid shape just has some noise on it and those floating droplets may only be metaballs copied to particles expanding from the internal fluid surface.

It has a nice look though.

It worked like a charm! I am having some minor artifacts but working so far so good! Thank you very much ! I'll post the hip file someday! XD (I have it at the office)