Data Viz – Add point attribute cumulative over time

JBoris

Hi Houdini-people. Been following this great community for a while, but never posted anything. So: Hello! :)

I'm currently working on data visualizations about climate change. Houdini works great for this and so far it has been surprsingly easy to get the data in there via the table import SOP. The basic idea is this: I want to visualize the CO2 emissions from 1750 - 2013 (!). I was given data sets for each year. A friend helped me with some data wrangling and now I have a point grid for each year with lat/long data and the CO2 emission. So far it all works pretty well, see image ...

Currently I simply put an expression in the file path of the table import SOP to skip through the CSV for each year. What I'm trying to do now, is not showing only the current values of the year per each frame. But add these values cumulative over time, showing the total CO2 emission. Hope this explains it well enough. 

I guess there are a few ways to do it (attribute wrangle, VOP SOP, solver ...?), but I can't quite figure it out. Any help and pointing into the right direction would be really appreciated. 

Thanks in advance! 

global_co2_emission.jpg

Thank you and sorry for the late reply! While this does give me an interesting effect, it's not quite what I'm looking for. Now all the point values remain at their position, but I want to add them to each other over time. Like stacking up.