RBD PACKED AND DEFORMING GEO NOT COLLIDING CORRECTLY

Hey guys,

working on a destruction shot which will involve a dragon thats being animated currently landing and somewhat destroying the building i have - Did tests with dropping spheres etc to get the constraints as i wished, then brought in a very rough 'previs' level peice of animation of the dragon i did - and as you will see from what i provide it doesnt collide correctly - i have tried increasing substeps - my collision volume matches my mesh almost perfectly, so really unsure what the issue maybe?

Any help would be great :) (alembic and hip file below) and the youtube video link is to the latest flipbook i have showing the issue (please excuse my terrible dragon previs animation)

Destruction_v2_t1.hip

dragon_previs.abc

13 minutes ago, Skybar said:

Bullet solver doesnt use volume collision so it probably doesnt matter what it looks like. It creates its own convex hull, which you can visualize under the bullet tab on the object, and also change to concave. 

Ahhhhh ofcourse i completely forgot that, - thanks for the tip skybar! 

Although i have made those changes my results still coming out the same perhaps my constraint networks? 

Edited by chrisdunham95

Still no luck, incase anyone has any ideas :) - after some hard googling bullet doesnt support deforming geo by the seems of it but rbd does - anyone suggest a way for me to get this to work with bullet? and if not would changing to rbd system affect much other than sim time i know will possibly go up (wont use packed geo but fractured)

Edited by chrisdunham95

Actually took a look at your scene now and it works. I deleted the remesh and collision volume stuff for the dragon, made sure the SOP Path for the dragon Static Object DOP pointed to actual geometry, turned off volume collisions and set bullets collision to concave.

dragon.jpg

• Like 1