Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaidlawFX

Houdini 17 Wishlist

205 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, McNistor said:

@Alexey VanzhulaWhat do you meant at 11? You can already do that in Houdini if I'm not misunderstanding your request.

It's appears to be totally undiscoverable, weirdly. 

GPU Mantra

UV-Tools 

Modelling Tools

1 person likes this

"String / Number" input type for Wrangle Parameter Interface. I mean chf/chs hybrid:

- you could write small expression "@P.z + @emission + 15" and have it included in the compiled vex
 - you could enter just a number, it behaves like "chf", with a slider (also "includes" the number in the compiled vex)

I am hacking this with chs and backticks `` now.

cop/img network improvements:

-I would like to have the same flawless experience like in SOPs - when the node stream has a plane it should be a rock-solid truth across all the frames, vopcops etc.   

-automatic mem managnment (maximum from pc), no need to "clear compositing cache" all the time

-much faster .exr/.pic read

-wrangle 

-possibility to see whats cooked and cached in timeline

basically read times, caching and related bugs is the main difference between nuke and h (at least for me).

If I will be sure I always can do my render layers compositions in H without stress it's like a 4000eur price reduction on HFx (basic N lic) and that's something.

Edited by pxBomber
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, pxBomber said:

cop/img network improvements:

-wrangle

I made these long ago but unfortunately they are not CVEX.

http://orbolt.com/asset/animatrix::inlineVexGenerator::1.00

http://orbolt.com/asset/animatrix::inlineVexFilter::1.00

I would also like to see OpenCL COP, multi-threaded cooking/generating thumbnails in the COP network like Nuke.

Any new feature added should IMO be mirrored in every other context where it makes sense. It's a lot of work, that's why unifying all contexts would help with that.

2 people like this