my question is why isn't the 'better' copy stamping with loops set up as a shelf tool / tab menu option yet... much easier to learn that way if you are stepped through it.

• Like 1

I want all the hscript and expression scripts as listed in the help, to have the equivalent python hom version referenced next to them, perhaps an example script if something is just a few lines of code. Might as well have the vex one's too where applicable. Also maybe have the new hom/vex references point back at their old counterparts, too.

I'm not saying depreciate expression and hscript at this point, but it is really test my googling skills when I want to find the equivalent python/vex version. Sometimes you have to do something silly in one language that may not be optimal in a certain case, but would simplify the whole operation otherwise, instead of you jumping in and out of multiple languages and context to do it. 

1.-  A BETTER DOCUMENTATION

have you seen the new docs? some nodes only have 2 poor lines of explanation.

2.- FAST INDIRECT ILLUMINATION WITHOUT NOISE

the great weakness of houdini is not organic modeling neither animation, the great weakness of houdini is rendering second bounces and indirect illumination,  we shouldnt go to redshift for a decent FAST render WITHOUT noise 

Edited by dyei nightmare

On 11/23/2017 at 10:45 AM, dyei nightmare said:

2.- FAST INDIRECT ILLUMINATION WITHOUT NOISE

To go along with this and the general integration of more GPU performance boost to mantra.

Having some decent drop down PRESETs on the mantra ROP. It's still a black art to most people how to tune a render engine, thus the love of Redshift and other GPU renderers wysiwyg style. So having a drop down menu with general studio presets built would be nice. Having them set to be like Redshift out of the box would be cool by default. We had those at R&H and I have installed them at most studio's I've rendered at. It would be cool if they were out of the box there. The same concept was in play for mental ray in the day. Settings could be something silly like: GPU Fast, Subdivision Optimized, Volume Optimized, Diamonds are forever, Lighting Hell, etc... or even the standard, Dailies, and Production renders. You can even hide different Parameter setttings for the different modes, showing simpler interfaces with less options for each method. As only some parameters makes sense in certain combo's for certain lighting setups. People don't want to read a render engine book to know how to fine tune Mantra. 

• Thanks 1

hi there.

easy way to change Pivot position in cop level
import export .mov on cop level
make rope node include the chop audio file. to be exported  in cop level
allow me rotate xyz in cop level
gpu mantra
3d texturing inside houdini
make select certain font more easier 
add more transitions for wipe node in cop level
make cop more effeciant and fast
add turn page node, stable node, shine node, light sweep node, particle node, matchmove node,  to cop
make rotoshape able to be copy and paste in another group in the same node

(if any of requests below already exist I apologize ahead of time :) )

- an easy way to rename multiple takes or at least a branch of take children. 

- a fast cloth solver even if at the expense of physical accuracy. something like Marvelous Designer's engine would be amazing. capable of handling strong forces without a ridiculous number of substeps/collision steps. 

And of course, you guys do an incredible job, This is by far the best software on the market!

• Thanks 1

Houdini > color settings > user interface > Houdini Pro => bring back the bright grey background of the node editor. 

4 minutes ago, sebkaine said:

Houdini > color settings > user interface > Houdini Pro => bring back the bright grey background of the node editor. 

youre-killin-me-smalls-1.jpg

I had to respond with a meme, there was no choice, lol.

1. Add a more readable font for guides and similar. Maybe even control over the color of the font (thickness/bold, outline - on/off, thickness, color)

2. Select Similar - for edit node (edges, primitives, etc), obj network/view, etc

3. "Make circle" (edit node) should get constrained by slide on surface (for curved surfaces like cylinders and spheres). In other words the "circle" from make circle doesn't follow the curvature but rather make a flat planar circle. 

-also when used on primitives, make circle only affects the outer border of the selection rather than the whole selection. Again visible with curved surfaces. (surfaces as in polygons and not nurbs and bezier surfaces)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Thunderbeast said:

1. Add a more readable font for guides and similar. Maybe even control over the color of the font (thickness/bold, outline - on/off, thickness, color)

Please make it customizable finally!
I feel like I'm losing my sight trying to read this mess every time, especially for the high poly stuff, i'm working 99% with, and the size on the font is not an issue.

1. I Hope the parameter label will turn red or customized color if it's not default. 
    It will be easier to track the changes when handle file in team work

2. Right now only Copy to Points node has an option to turn off Show Guide Geometry, I hope this option will be default across all copy nodes

• Like 1

On 12/16/2017 at 4:59 AM, Archi said:

Please make it customizable finally!
I feel like I'm losing my sight trying to read this mess every time, especially for the high poly stuff, i'm working 99% with, and the size on the font is not an issue.

Make sure to send in an RFE as we have been asking for this since h14. If you're handy with glsl  you can make a shader to do it.  I made a terrible one back in the day.