Fur dynamics conflict?

JDee

Hi

I'm fighting with an issue to add dynamics to fur, which should be attached to wire object.
Some shit happens when I hit Add dynamics, fur just disappearing.
I understand that something is wrong inside the existing DOP network as I have there wire object on which this fur is assigned.
I did try to separate the dops with no luck.

First time using fur in Houdini, and have no idea how to debug.
It would be much appreciated if someone can point me whats wrong in the simple setup.
Thanks

Fur_dynamics.hipnc

Hey JDee, I'm also pretty new in Houdini and working with fur. I've had similar problems, when adding dynamics, fur disappears. What could help is to click on your fur node, then on the 'Basic' tab of the fur node, check if "Display" is turned on. Usually after clicking  "add dynamics", this display is turned off automatically, no idea why. Most of the times this helps but I've had issues even after turning the display back on and still no fur. Bug?

ScreenHunter_466 Feb. 14 22.59.jpg

To Centinarijo
Yes it is definitely a bug, I found the fur just after reopening the hip file, some time it's disappears just randomly with no ways to track what causes it.

BTW there is a lot of bugs similar to this with different kind of updating the latest state when working in different levels of VOPs and contexts, some time I need to go through the all subnetworks tweaking every thing to see if it helps... Waiting for Houdini 16 )

Yep, looking forward to H16 since they've added some extra's in the fur department as well. Does Houdini allow a free upgrade to H16? I've just recently (2 weeks ago) purchased a Houdini Indie license version 15.5 so I was wondering if I can switch to H16 for free or do I have to purchase it again?