How can i do a rusting effect ??

Deilvad

Hello! im David and i would like to create a effect like the one in: alice through the glassdor like u can see in these video: 

i know is imposible to achieve that level but i have the animated curves but my problem is that i dont know how to make the liquid viscous in time so is gonna start freezing after being emited, and also how to say only emit fluid one time not all the frames, the spikes part i already have it1

thanks! 

• Like 1

Which part of the video are you referring to exactly? Around 1:40 to 2:00? 

FLIPs have a built-in viscosity att. You just need to turn it up to make it viscous. You can drive it in many ways. For example multiply it by the particle life, so after X seconds/frames alive the particle would have full viscosity

On a side note, this is a very cool breakdown. Usually they go like "and then we added the effect [cue inclusion of a major and complex work]" :lol:

6 minutes ago, vtrvtr said:

Which part of the video are you referring to exactly? Around 1:40 to 2:00? 

FLIPs have a built-in viscosity att. You just need to turn it up to make it viscous. You can drive it in many ways. For example multiply it by the particle life, so after X seconds/frames alive the particle would have full viscosity

On a side note, this is a very cool breakdown. Usually they go like "and then we added the effect [cue inclusion of a major and complex work]" :lol:

exactly!! i didnt know i could do that! thanks u so much! and sorry for asking again,and do u think they are emiting flips just from the front part of the curve?? 

2 minutes ago, Deilvad said:

exactly!! i didnt know i could do that! thanks u so much! and sorry for asking again,and do u think they are emiting flips just from the front part of the curve?? 

Going just by eye... Maybe? It's hard to tell just from these small clips

You certainly should test with only the tips and if it doesn't go well you can emit from the whole curve