Latest Houdini documentation, printable PDF version?

art3mis

Funny, I was thinking much the same thing.  I really want some nicely printed books of the documentation, one for the high level stuff and a reference books for all the nodes, VEX etc..  I would pay good money for that.  There's so much information in the docs and it's simple impossible to read through it all when it's a tree of links, we really need it linearized, with pretty color pictures and a hard cover :)

Though I would bet there's s some program out there that could convert the local documentation folders to a PDF...  Apparently Adobe Acrobat can convert HTML to PDF.

I couldn't find a PDF, and have used Acrobat to convert it to PDF.

Not sure why, but it went up to 40k pages and thats where i stopped it. So yea you can use Acrobat and convert, but i advise take a section at a time or you will go on endlessly.

If you go into the install on disk there is the local version in .txt format.

$HFS\houdini\help\nodes.zip

But you should make an RFE to SideFX that they make an auto wrapper to turn it into a printable version for an ondemand amazon book. That way their only upfront charge is making the conversion script into book format.

https://www.sidefx.com/bugs/submit/

Edited by LaidlawFX
  • Like 1