crankypants

Shaking a node off in H16 is gone?

I've barely scratched the surface with Houdini and just updated to 16. I noticed I can't shake a node off the pipeline like I could in 15.5. Is it me or is this "feature" removed?

Thanks

I tried it on my mac (trash can) and an old mac tower. I've tried a wacom pen/tablet and a mouse. I've tried soft shaking and violent ones. Can't shake them off. It's pretty strange. Good to know that it should still work, though. Thanks for letting me know.

Yeah it might be a Mac thing, in Windows work as expected. so it might be a good idea to RFE as konstantin said.

Yeah - you have to get quite violent on the mac but it does shake off eventually - anyways until it's fixed the new scissors is fun enough - y key

Scissors.gif

• Like 1

Same issue, thanks for bug reporting it. Always a few oddball things with new releases. 

I had the same issue - it's a preference that defaults to a fairly high threshold.

If you go to edit --> preferences --> network editor

There is a shake distance parameter. Default is 1.0, I was happier with around 0.5 using my tablet

• Like 1

20 hours ago, marty said:

Yeah - you have to get quite violent on the mac but it does shake off eventually - anyways until it's fixed the new scissors is fun enough - y key

That is sick!

The little things are so awesome!

but scissors ? They missed a golden opportunity to go Fruit Ninja style tho...want my katana !!!!

• Like 1

On 2/24/2017 at 10:37 AM, Noobini said:

but scissors ? They missed a golden opportunity to go Fruit Ninja style tho...want my katana !!!!

I made myself a Katana icon :)

You can grab my svg and put it in your Houdini folder (may be hidden)
..\Houdini 16.0.504.20\houdini\config\Cursors

Make sure you backup your old cut.svg, just in case you want those scissors back !

katana.png

cut.svg

• Like 2

Nice :ph34r:

It should be possible to make the same folder in the home dir.

$home/config/Cursors/

EDIT:

i test it and it works ninja style :ph34r: 

Edited by Mandrake0

yeah, should try !

Still fighting with svg export, as the results differ in Inkscape/Affinity designer and Houdini.  Not too experienced with svg, but the colors didn't really come through as intended ! Will look further !

Had some strange shapes, I guess Affinity "booleans" are not well suported ! Here is an updated svg, Genji style !

cut.svg

genji.png

• Like 3