exporting alembic attributes to Maya

HI there.

I have a sphere that I put a bunch of random attributes on to. I promote these attributes to vertex. I alembiced it out.

On the Maya side I can find the color on the vertex. IT is under "colorSet[0]" But I cant seem to find the rest of them.

I dont know if my problem is on the houdini side or maya side. If someone could please talk me through it. Or point me to a good tut that covers it. Oddly enough that seems to be a hard topic to find a good explanation on.

Cheers

I don't know Maya really, but In soft image there were nodes you could use in the ice tree to the extract data. Maybe there might be something similar in the graph editor, or some node tree you could extract it from. also you might need to rename  the attribute to attributes that Maya can read, I think. sorry I wasn't much help. 

Thanx Peon. I will have a look again. Might be something I missed. There are so many dam data nodes in Maya. Would be easy to miss. But I think I gave it a good once over. I dont think I missed anything. Maybe the problem is somewhere else? Multi points of failure makes it hard to find  where the problem is.

32 minutes ago, tamagochy said:

For me maya see primitive atributes. There are in extra atribute tab.

Yes I see them as well. They just dont seem to do anything. I connect a vector to a vertex texture and I get nothing. This is why I dont know if I am missing something. Maybe the error is somewhere else. Like me exporting it from houdini?

Any thoughts?

Depending on the alembic importer you have you may need to convert the data type from one of Houdini's numerous options to one that is simpler. i.e. from a float 3 to a vector, format, or a Cd which is rgb in alembic to a Cd with Alpha which is rgba in alembic. It'a really hard to diagnostic which attributes are not transfering unless the specific version of Maya, Houdini, any special Alembic importer, or Houdini Engine version, and example file of the attributes you are using is known. There are a bunch of small handshakes that happen between the programs. 

• Like 1