Dop impact data

Noti

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/3/20 at 8:14 PM, jordibares said:

I can only guess as I am new to it that is the object ID for the object that is colliding (creating the impact)... This certainly should be material for a masterclass, get's really deep quickly and it is hard to build a mental picture of it.\

it's so difficult to learn..many questions... however, thank you very much!

In my Particles Break Glue Bonds video I make use of Impact data and show how to collect it so it persists over time. Impact records are really just momentary data. I think Jordi is right, the object ID is the Id of the object you are colliding with. Although this video does not make use of it.

Nice tutorial Atom... very comprehensive.... I would like to ask you if you think it would make sense use the Voronoi Fracture Points to fracture based on the impact... I have been using it and although a bit cumbersome to decipher the truth is that gave me quite an organic look to it...

Thanks again

• 2 years later...

I'm trying to recreate Atom's tutorial and has run into unexpected problem - when I transfer color attribute in SOPsolver my constraints are quickly disappearing. I mean all of them, not just the primitives close to impact points. It looks like infection propagation and my box collapses.

What could possibly be wrong with my setup?

rbd_impacts_01.hip