color instances with Cd attribute from point?

Is it posable to transfer the @Cd attribute to geometry with the instance sop? With the copy sop you can Use "Template Point Attributes". The instance sop has no such option. The instance object picks up a @psclale attrib but not a @Cd attrib? 

Thanks

Sorry I think i was not clear about the set up. There is an instance object node. Which contains some scattered points that have a randomized @Cd attribute. The Instance node is instancing a sphere which is also at object level. The @Cd attrib is present inside the instance node but does not get transferred to the spheres that are being instanced. curiously the @pscale attrib that is also present on the points inside the instance node does get transferred to the instanced sphere. I was wondering how to get the color attrib to the instanced sphere. I could do something similar in the instance node with mantra and a material override. But I was planing on using a different renderer and am trying to get the color to the instanced spheres. 

thanks.