Geometry not interacting with FBX import

I have an animated cabinet that i have imported to Houdini from Maya as an FBX. I want to drop cutlery into one of the draws in the cabinet, i have imported the spoon .geo and made the cabinet a static object and the spoon an RBD object. when i drop the spoon onto some parts of the cabinet it lands fine. I want to drop it inside the draw before it opens but when i position it above the draw and play through it doesn't move, it is just frozen in the air. Im guessing its a problem with bounding boxes? Sorry im new to Houdini any help would be greatly appreciated!

(Sorry for the bad angle, the draw is closed)

Capture001.PNG

Capture002.PNG

You may need more resolution on the Static Object inside the AutoDopNetowrk. It defaults to 30 I typically increase that to 96. Also review the collision resolution on the RBD pieces too. There may be gaps in the collision mesh and they are simply falling through.

Edited by Atom

On 3/16/2017 at 6:36 PM, Atom said:

You may need more resolution on the Static Object inside the AutoDopNetowrk. It defaults to 30 I typically increase that to 96. Also review the collision resolution on the RBD pieces too. There may be gaps in the collision mesh and they are simply falling through.

Thank you! i tried both of those and it doesn't seem to have made a difference unfortunately. Below I have imported the fbx of just the draw, made it a static object, then dropped a RBD box into it to show what is happening, i hope this might give you a better view of the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Vimeo link to problem )

Edited by Hayden