Exclude collider from meshing

aj-swift

Hi,

after being happy with my flip sim i wanna mesh but turns out it  takes all the points of the collision objects with it.

Is there a way to filter these out?
The bgeo cache comes with primitive attributes, i guess there is a way to use these to delete the corresponding points.
But I cannot figure it out :(

cheers!

3 minutes ago, Skybar said:

How are you importing the particles from the Dopnet? Create a simple flip setup from the shelf to see the workflow and do the same.

I do a DOP-import into a geometry-SOP and plug that into a ROP driver and cache it from there.
i guess it is the DOP-import settings.
I will try that shelf tool in a bit.

thx!

36 minutes ago, aj-swift said:

I do a DOP-import into a geometry-SOP and plug that into a ROP driver and cache it from there.
i guess it is the DOP-import settings.
I will try that shelf tool in a bit.

thx!

Easiest is probably to use the Dop Import Fields SOP, and set the preset to Flip Fluid.

16 minutes ago, Atom said:

Also, you don't have to import everything. Where you see a * go ahead and add ^groundplane1 for example to filter out the ground plane.

Thx, i can put just my flipobject1 in the list and it works.

excluding the staticobject1 with a " ^ " does not work somehow

Usually i think theirs a group also defaulty made of the collision geo - i often use the delete sop if i accidentally cached it with my sim - then put in the group @collision=geo or something along those lines - if you click the small drop down menu it should give you the group i think :)

On 3/17/2017 at 9:38 PM, chrisdunham95 said:

Usually i think theirs a group also defaulty made of the collision geo - i often use the delete sop if i accidentally cached it with my sim - then put in the group @collision=geo or something along those lines - if you click the small drop down menu it should give you the group i think :)

Ah ok. I gotta check that one too.

thx! New to Houdini, but totally impressed with this software.