Hi, i am following Steven Knipping Houdini rigid 2. I install the Houdini 16 apprentice version and I am stuck with the group node. In the video, Steven creates point group and the convert those point into primitive by group node. but when i use the group node its not creating any group. and when i try with a sphere it working out. There is no tab to convert point to primitive. I try with attribute promote but still getting error. it will be very helpful if someone can explain me the new group node in Houdini 16.

group node.PNG

use the new group promote node to convert from one type to another after you have created your group

I think I have a similar issue. I'm trying to create a 'group' node by pressing TAB but when I click on it, it creates a 'groupcreate' node instead - the same node as pictured above. When I right-click the node to Change Type, there is no 'group' node available..

the group node has been split into individual nodes, older tutorials will not reflect this.

what kind of group are you trying to make, or what kind of operation are you trying to do? put down some of the other group nodes and have a look at what they do.