Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nicoladanese

prevent houdini going back to frame 1 when stopping flipbook

Hey

I'm wondering if there's a way of preventing houdini to go back to frame 1 when I interrupt a flipbook, I quite often launch flipbook to check sims and then stop to look at the sim from different perspective. I know I can write the cache but if there's a setting to avoid that it would be great I think...

cheers ;)

Hey,

I have the same problem, I don't want to cache my sim (pyro in my case), because I do a lot of interaction and it's faster without writing the data on the disk and not enough memory to save a lot of frame (around 500f)

So every time I stop the sim and the flipbook I lose all the data in cache, it's very annoying, I can't check any value of velocity,density, temp,... neither see the pyro in 3D

Help ... thanks