voronoi fracture, cluster and glue issue

tious13

hi! I'm facing some kind of issue: I would like to fracture a geo, then create clusters from the voronoi pieces, then be able to break those cluster based on the strenght of their glue attribute. So far I only get this kind of result:

voronoi_clusters.jpg

A glue strenght of -1 should give me infinite strength right? so why are my pieces breaking appart inside the same cluster ?

What am I missing ??

here's a simple hip if you'd like to correct me.

Cheers ! 

voronoi_clusters.hipnc

When leveraging -1 you need to set that inside the AutoDopNetwork on the glue_constraint node itself. In your posted scene it is still set to 1000. Then you can dive inside the SOP Solver, remove_broken, and manage releasing glue bonds inside there.

I put together a short tutorial that shows how to break glue bonds using particles.

Edited by Atom

Thanks a lot Atom I'll chek it out as soon as I can !

So I've taken a look to your tutorial, very enlightening.

But what you are saying is that the only way I could achieve "multiplefracturing" is by deleting the glue bonds ? No way to setup some kind of double glue, one for the clusters and one for each individual piece ?

Edited by tious13