Constraints failing on multiple rbdPackedObjects

I have two separate stacks of geo made using copySOP's, i am trying to get them to interact with each other. They do interact with each other but the constrains only effect one model, i can switch them in the merge but its only ever one that holds together, the other falls apart instantly no matter what the glue strength is. Ive put photos below and attached the scene file with the model that needs referencing in. New to Houdini so any help or advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :) 

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

PlateSimulationTest001.hipnc

plate.obj

Hmm..I don't really dig the Copy before fracture. This means all plates in one stack will always have the same fracture pattern.

But moving on. What you can do is simply animate the glue strength. Keep the strength high until the plates are in free fall then animate it to a lower value over one frame. This way when they hit the floor/ground the glue bonds will break on impact. When ever you animate a value that has one of those Default dropdowns next to it you must remember to change it's setting to Set Always. This way the value will be considered on every frame change and not just at the start of the simulation.

plate_crash.gif

ap_PlateSimulationTest001.hipnc

Edited by Atom
  • Like 2