Maya Rig -> FEM

Hi all,

I have a rigged character from Maya from which I did a Ragdoll sim and all is good.
However now I want to do it as a FEM sim instead, to get some bulging when the character gets hit by an object.

How would you go about doing this?
While still having constraints on arms, etc.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,
Jonas :-)

14 hours ago, Brickouz said:

Hi!

If what you want is combining animation and dynamics, maybe you can try something with Follow Target tool. Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I want my ragdoll sim to behave as it does, but with FEM on top.
Perhaps it's just a matter of taking the ragdoll sim and then simulate as FEM?

Or am I over-complicating it here?

17 hours ago, Brickouz said:

I did not manage to deal with this problem, but I got some infos, I give them to you!

It looks promising, I'll definitely give it a look!
Cheers :-)

Couldnt get to work either. I tried importing a mixamo fbx rig and wanted to add some fem to make it sexier with no luck.

Target stifness is supossed to do the deal. 

Good luck and let us know if you figure out. 

Cheers 

I have been playing with FEM lately. What you can possible do is an attribute called "pintoanimation".
Just create groups where you want the animation to be and in an attribute create node, create the attribute called pintoanimtion. Point attribute with float. Give it a value of 1 and have it affected on the said group.

FEM will automatically will not touch those groups. Since it's a float value, you can give it a nice fall off for smoother results. Hope this helps! :)

-bf

8 hours ago, bifrost said:

I have been playing with FEM lately. What you can possible do is an attribute called "pintoanimation".
Just create groups where you want the animation to be and in an attribute create node, create the attribute called pintoanimtion. Point attribute with float. Give it a value of 1 and have it affected on the said group.

FEM will automatically will not touch those groups. Since it's a float value, you can give it a nice fall off for smoother results. Hope this helps! :)

-bf

Thanks!
I'll give it a try, and let you know how it all works out.
All suggestions are much appreciated! :-)