Bubble burst effect

lexlopez26

Hello guys! 

I've been working on a really good tutorial by Hernan Llano about the use of normals to control fluid simulations such as a splash. I'm trying to create my own project and I thought of replicating a bubble popping, like in the references. 

So far I have the splash effect from Hernan's tutorial, but I'm still trying to figure out how to make the bubble gradually disappear while having the splash happening. I'm just wondering how would you guys make a bubble burst? 

bubblepop.jpg

Edited by lexlopez26

This would probably require a two stage effect:

1) the hiding of the bubble mesh (in a shader)

2) the emission of liquid particles.

Both should be driven by a similar reveal mask. You can create the reveal mask by calculating the cost using a find shortest path node. I would probably duplicate the shortest path node so I get two sets of geometry out of it. The first being the original buble geo with the cost attribute - this can then be remapped to create a black and white mask that is animating the hiding in the shader. The second is a set of curves that create a growth pattern similar to a bunch of lightning bolts/ branching curves ( I think the entagma guys might have done a tutorial on this). Then you can use those curves as your emission geometry for your particles (probably using a blend between surface normal and curve tangent normal as the emission direction) - and using the black and white mask that you are using for your shader to trigger the emission of the particles.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1