Houdini 16 Pyro cached simulation freezes

anicg

I run a pyro simulation (flames), using Houdini 16 non commercial, cached the sim (120 frames) using the import_pyrofields node (save to file->save to disk). I can see the cache in the hard disk 115MB file.

But when I try to play in the sim after clicking load from disk, I hear a weird noise (this happened on two different days, the noise has to do playing the simulation), and the sim is completely frozen on the last frame I had played. Even if I go back to frame 1 you would see exactly what in the picture. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

After closing and reopening the file, I no longer hear the noise but the simulation is still frozen on the picture you see no matter what frame I move to.

houdinipyro1.JPG

houdinipyro2.JPG

I had a similiar problem some time before. I created a hires fluid sim and used OpenCL. After some time my simulation simply stopped moving. I suppose the reason was that my GPU memory was too small in this case. I turned off openCL and everything worked fine again.

No idea if this helps. I used H15 or H15.5 for the sim.