Point deform in certain zone?

Hey guys,

Had a task to create a "inflatable baloon rig", (attaching a small video sample) couldn't figure out how to do this in Houdini, but get some stuff working on C4D. Once that rig was approbed, client needed to attach a mocap on top of that.

I thought houdini point deform will do the trick, and I'm almost there (I think), main problem is the point deform is deforming all the stuff, meaning following the mocap rig on top of the hips (that shouldn't be affected somehow).

Fighted with this all the morning, but I know there must be a way to make it work. I just figured out how to add the point deform just below the hips, but that leaves the top still

def.jpg

I'm thinking that maybe the way to do this is split the geometry in 2 ways, one moving the bottom part, and the other the top part with less capture settings in the point deform?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

Houdini - Mocap + Inflate test.wmv

You should be able to do this inside a pointVOP or an attribVOP. Pipe in your non-point deformed geo in the first input and point-deformed geo in the second input. Inside the point/attribVOP you can use a mix node with the "bias" set to some attribute of the input geo which can smoothly interpolate between the point-deformed and non-point-deformed geo.

• Like 2