Volumetric Light Fog with Redshift

I'm trying to create a light fog effect similar to the one in the image. I know how to do this with mantra but I cannot find any way to make this work with Redshift. The RS docs have a section on this but unfortunately no information on building it in Houdini. Is this a feature that is not available yet? 

volumetricShadows.jpg

After you turn on the Volumetric on the Redshift Render ROP go to your light and turn up the Volume Contribution. It defaults to 0 which is no contribution. This means you must use Redshift lights, not Houdini lights. But indeed, check out Varomix's tutorial, it is a nice quick introduction on the topic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Atom said:

After you turn on the Volumetric on the Redshift Render ROP go to your light and turn up the Volume Contribution. It defaults to 0 which is no contribution. This means you must use Redshift lights, not Houdini lights. But indeed, check out Varomix's tutorial, it is a nice quick introduction on the topic.

7 hours ago, mine said:

If you look for Varomix tutorial on redshift for houdini (I think it's only on youtube, not on Vimeo) he talks about it

Solid tutorial, thanks for pointing me to this. Got it working! 

• 7 months later...

This is a great tutorial but is there a way to apply volumetric fog properties to an RS Incandescent (emissive) material using Redshift? I have some emissive objects in my scene but they don't seem to have an option to affect the fog.

• 1 year later...