I have three individual components to this briefcase, the body, the handle rings and the handle, the body is a static objects and the other two are RBD packed objects, all concave. I am trying to get the handle to hang from the suitcase naturally but they are falling through each other, there is a slight reaction but i cant get them to completely react to each other. I have attached a zip of the three .obj files and the .hip file if anybody could have a look. Any help would be really appreciated :) ! Thanks!

Assets.zip

Capture001.PNG

Capture002.PNG

I don't have the ability to look at your files at moment.  But any time there is difficulty with things falling through each other this usually has to do with the collision geo.  Try visualizing the bullet guide geo of each of your components and make sure that is is an accurate representation of the shape. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, benne5 said:

I don't have the ability to look at your files at moment.  But any time there is difficulty with things falling through each other this usually has to do with the collision geo.  Try visualizing the bullet guide geo of each of your components and make sure that is is an accurate representation of the shape. 

Hey thanks for the reply! This is what my Geo Representation looks like, i cant see why they aren't colliding fully because its a good representation of the geo?

Capture003.PNG

I almost always stay away from concave objects. They just have too many issues for my liking. I'm also not sure why you want too solve this kind of motion with collision objects as opposed to constraints, but that is up to your discretion. With that said you can get better results in this case by moving to RBD and using volume collision. Also the clasps on the briefcase are very thin, so I broke them into their own collision objects. Scene attached.

Briefcase2.hipnc

• Like 1