white spots ocean render

evanrudefx

Hi,

I believe that I saw a post about this, but I can't find it again. My ocean is clipping slightly through my ground. It causes white spots in the render. Maybe it has to do with refraction? What should I do about this? Change something in particlefluidsurface?

Thanks. 

backside.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

Can you increase the resolution of your collision mesh?

Or don't render the collision mesh at all. Just create a copy and move it slightly down and render the copy.

Edited by Atom

39 minutes ago, Atom said:

Can you increase the resolution of your collision mesh?

Or don't render the collision mesh at all. Just create a copy and move it slightly down and render the copy.

What do you mean by collision mesh? It's just the mesh created by the particle fluid surface node. If I move the mesh down, then the thin areas of water go completely below the ground. 

• 1 year later...

I would still like to figure this out. Check out the photo I uploaded. you can see the white spots appear where the water mesh is not penetrating the ground. I believe it has to do with refraction. It seems in order to render water correctly, the water needs to have part of the surface above the ground, and part below. the way I fixed it in one of my renders is by creating a mask where the collision happens, then extending the bottom of the flip sim down so that all of it penetrates the ground. This is slow and it seems like there would be another method. Surely someone else had to have come across this problem? It doesn't matter how high my resolution is, it always happens. 

flip.png