Hi all,

I am quite new to Houdini, but ran into a problem connecting image files/textures to the new Arnold 5.0 Standard Surface Shader. I have a standard studio setup with a sphere and area lights on the sides and on top. When I assign a Arnold Standard Shader, go into the network and remove the Standard node and attach a Standard Surface node all renders out fine.

But whenever I attach an image/texture to, for example the Base Color, my scene does not render AT ALL.

I noticed it is also not generating .tx textures even though everything is set up correct (i think)...

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 15.14.35.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 15.19.57.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 15.20.19.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 15.20.38.png

Hi David,

There may be two things causing an issue:

1) You have an rgba texture (4 floats) plugged into a port expecting a color (3 floats / vector). Is there an option on the texture node to select either rgb or rgba?
Though I think you should still get something working like this.

2) It might be that your filename has the ${F} variable in it - meaning it will be looking for a file per frame. Perhaps try unchecking the option to show files as sequences in the file browser when you select the image?

I'm not familiar with Arnold so can't really assist there, but hope this helps!
Matt.

Edited by Matt_K
correction