Sign in to follow this  
logix1390

Noise driven by color

logix1390    0

Hello,

I am trying to create a gradient ramp on a plane and add noise only to the white color of the ramp. I am trying to do this in vops. I have the noise and I have the ramp applied in vops, however I don't know how to make the noise only affect the color.

Any help would be much appreciated , thank you.

ramp_and_noise.hip

logix1390    0

thank you konstantin, I tried to multiply it. seems to have disappeared. 

once I add the turbulent noise to the position of the grid, I then multiplied it by the ramp param. Is their something i'm missing ?

Thank you for the help.

ramp_and_noise2.hip

logix1390    0

really appreciate the help konstantin. this works well with the ramp and color, I see what you mean now.

If I wanted to add displacement to the position of only the anti aliased noise, would I have to fit the position of the aanoise and add it after I mulitply it with the values of the ramp? No matter what I do it just becomes a jumbled mess. 

I attached my scene if by any chance you want to take a second look . Thank you.

ramp_and_noise2c.hipnc

Hi Mike, if you want to keep the grid´s extent and only change it´s height, you should only change the Y component of your position vector. This can be done with setvectorcomponent (set to 2nd).

Btw: I set the noise to 1D, so that the color information fits to the height deformation. However you can set it back to 3D without corrupting the geometry.

ramp_and_noise2d.hipnc