Smoke dissipates when collide with object

Excito

Hi guys!

I have pyro sim i use deforming object as collision. But when smoke collides with object it begins to dissipate. It looks like deforming object cuts smoke.

I turn off accurate collision, turn on extrapolation but nothing changed.

Do you have any ideas? Or maybe someone got it before?

Thank you anyway

2 hours ago, Excito said:

I already tried it. But still have this issue. Thank you anyway

You can create an ad-hoc field out of your collision field, or make it directly in sops using your collision field. So you can extrapolate from the iso-contour to construct a mask to control a dissipation filter when the density is in proximity.

I hope that this helps!

Alejandro

Edited by Pazuzu
  • Like 1

new pyro solver have two"correct collision"tab.one is realtionship tab,another one on the advanced tab(in charge of nothing I think).and I do not find the "extrapolate" in charge in as well...you can dive into inside of pyro and see something

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ikoon said:

@Pazuzu that ad-hoc field sounds amazing. I dont want to waste your precious time, but I would like to understand these kind of ad-hoc relationships. Could you please direct me to some url? I will study.

No Problem!

Here is an example for diffusion and dissipation as the material gets closer to the collision object.

I hope that this helps!

Cheers!

Alejandro

dissipation_by_collision_proximity.hip

• Like 4

That is a nice example.

So what is going on with that SOP Solver node?

When I drop down a new SOP Solver it looks totally different than the one you have included in the scene.

If I copy the node inside your SOP Solver into a new SOP Solver the network breaks...

sop_solver.gif

EDIT...

Ok, I see you made the default values Invisible then essentially promoted up the 3 key controls from the VDB Smooth inside.

Edited by Atom

One think that the diffusion filter misses right now is that it doesn't take into account the time increment of the system; But that can easily be implemented with a blended average technique in that sop solver. 

Cheers!

Alejandro

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

On 5.5.2017 at 9:48 PM, Atom said:

Try adding a Gas Enforce Boundary node to the 4th input of your pyrosolver. This may help with dissipation.

Sasho78 has an example file here.

Awesome, i just came over this today, and finally my stuff isn't bleeding throught he collision volume anymore.
Is there anything to watch out for when using this microsolver?

cheers

This was before adding the microsolver:

dBorxwl.gif

and with the ms (and some tweaks on the visualisation):

OBIxRf6.gif