Welcome to od|forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayAims

Dynamic RBD - Houdini to Unreal

Would anyone know how to pre-fracture geometry in houdini, bring it into unreal engine and have it be dynamic (responsive to real-time collisions)?

I know unreal has a way to do it and be dynamic, but Im wanting to be able to art direct from houdini for the area where my collision will happen in the level.

I have already tried pre-fracturing with voronoi and exporting as alembic and fbx but no dice. Just wanted to see if anyone had a solution to this.

Any ideas?

Hi James,

It is possible. Each fractured piece has to be in it's own geometry container so that when you export it as an fbx it creates the necessary hierarchy.  You can then use "import fbx chunks" on the destruction mesh to create the depth 1 pieces.

Mike