Jump to content

Recommended Posts

That's I wanna to call the first post!
Thank for sharing, very nice tool, feather looks really realistic.

Edited by fencer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fencer said:

That's I wanna to call the first post!
Thank for sharing, very nice tool, feather looks really realistic.

Thx man ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, just wow. A much appreciated share. Are the assets open so we can see how you set this up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Farmfield said:

Wow, just wow. A much appreciated share. Are the assets open so we can see how you set this up?

Yes, everything is open. You can tweak it, or whatever you want

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Irvn said:

Yes, everything is open. You can tweak it, or whatever you want

I'm only after your secrets, or rather your non-secrets, hehe... So that makes it an even better share. Greatly appreciated. :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankyou very much...Sergey.

I plucked up the courage to play with this...but couldn't see the quill...so had to do a merge.... Then I thought if I want to see the actual feathers...I have to use a polywire..but couldn't figure out how to make use of the 'tapering' diameter of the feathers...

01) Even tho I can't see the actual geo of the feathers (can see the splines in viewport)..it renders fine...still trying to understand how that works...

02) the quill won't render without a merge, still trying to figure out how it works for the feathers and not quill...

Have I setup this right ?

KS_Feather_Setup.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Noobini said:

Thankyou very much...Sergey.

I plucked up the courage to play with this...but couldn't see the quill...so had to do a merge.... Then I thought if I want to see the actual feathers...I have to use a polywire..but couldn't figure out how to make use of the 'tapering' diameter of the feathers...

01) Even tho I can't see the actual geo of the feathers (can see the splines in viewport)..it renders fine...still trying to understand how that works...

02) the quill won't render without a merge, still trying to figure out how it works for the feathers and not quill...

Have I setup this right ?

KS_Feather_Setup.jpg

 

You setup this absolutely right. And also you can use multiple bends, multiple clumps, multiple turbulences. You can layer things easily. 

First of all, strands and quill are different outputs. It was an intentional choice and if you want to render them together, yep you have to merge them first.

Secondly, to see strands in viewport you need to change some parameters on scene level.

 

2017-05-22_11-23-44.jpg

2017-05-22_11-22-45.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. Thank you for sharing. I did not download them that is why I have a question.

Is this tool only for a single feather? I mean, can I draw for example multiple curves and make a feathers from them?

In this case better to create a subnets and share them in one file, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×