Create multiple FEM over time?

ParticleSkull

Hey guys,

I need to fill an object with some FEM spheres but:

- I need the spheres to be a copy of the same FEM sphere;
- I need it to be generated at the same place on every 10 frames or so (and fall due to gravity);

Does it make sense? 

Here's the basic idea but with 1 sphere only, I'd like to keep generating them until the beaker is full

tlPYUeD.gif

File is attached

Cheers,

Alvaro

beaker.v1a.hiplc

I've been trying this since yesterday and now that publish it i almost found a solution by myself :D
(it happens ofen when I publish things here)

I realised that if I animate the Creation Frame parameter (DOP / Solid Object) I can generate just what I need.

PqI7EgJ.png

Now I just need a way to animate this parameter procedurally. Does anyone have any idea on how to procede?

I just need the number to scale up by 10 on every 10 frames.

- between 10F and 19F the value must be 10

- between 20F and 29F the value must be 20

- between 30F and 39F the value must be 30

and so on...

Any ideas? :unsure:

WXZTSkU.gif

multiple.fem.v2a.hiplc

Yeah Arrev, that's what I was looking for!! :D Thank you

Do you know a good way to get rid of these interpenetrations?

My scene is a bit faster and I could make it better with a lot of Sub Steps (about 30) but it still having some interpenetration.

TQTStgS.png

Edited by ParticleSkull
it's not integration steps, my bad

I have had to go as high as 100 substeps to get collision to work correctly. Maybe try something like adding more triangles to your sphere. You would be adding weight to the scene but it might offset the time you lose in adding substeps..?

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

oh this is super cool and something i was looking for a while back - lots of good options here ta chaps!

it reminds me of trying to spawn ragdolls in a similar way the first raggy was fine and fell to the floor in a heap but the others just broke wildly - my guess is the sop solver constraints needed updating to allow it to spawn new ragdolls with collision constraints on that ragdoll or something but i lacked the win to sort it out lol

Regarding the interpenetrations, try using higher res geo, and more tets.  I had a clip sop in thst scene to visualize the inner tets of the sphere.  Experiment with the sphere resolution and "quality" tab on the tetrahedralize sop.  That's what I'd try before getting too crazy with substeps

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ParticleSkull said:

Do you know a good way to get rid of these interpenetrations?

Where is this happening for you? the only ones I see are birthed like that. i.e. sphere gets created within another sphere.

Hey Marty, it's happening when the spheres have a lot of pressure from other spheres, check it out

This simulation does have a lot of tets and I'm using 100 sub steps, I'm losing my hopes here :(

Guys, is there a way to get the older spheres out of the simulation, make it rigid?
Let's say, by age. If the sphere is 24 frames old it becames a static/rigid object?

I'll try to think on something else

eWPVUc5.gif

Edited by ParticleSkull
  • Like 2

I've simmed to frame 170 with the ABE2 integrator and the only spheres that are merging are the ones created that were overlapping at the start - can you double check your file to see if they were overlapping. 

Edited by tar

Hey Noobini, yes, I did tried the Collision Passes but it didn't help. Thx though ;)

Marty, thank you very much! I'm running a sim right now with ABE2 to see how it goes. 
I wasn't really aware of this. For some reason it was completelly out of my sight!
Have you increased the substeps or collision passes?

Oh - I did set it to 3 and I also used a tetrahedralizeSop instead of solidembeded - sorry forgot to mention - just an inbuilt reflex!