Alembic File from Houdini causes Max to crash

RandomGex

Hey, guys! I'm a bit flummoxed as I've been exporting Alembic files from Houdini to use in 3D Studio Max for a while with no issues. But I've been struggling with a particular file all afternoon that's causing Max to crash. I've dealt with alembic files at least twice as large as the one in Max without any issue, so I doubt it's a size issue. I pulled the file back into Houdini and had no issues with the file in Houdini. I've tried both Ogawa and HDF5 formats. I've tried it on a couple different computers with the same results of Max crashing. It crashes when it gets about half way through both playback of the alembic as well as trying to export a Vray proxy mesh. Now, the effect in question does rely heavily on a boolean opperation from houdini to basically dissolve away a mesh, so could this have something to do with it? Any ideas?

Had a lot of shit with Houdini->Alembic->3dsmax too.
So FBX export will save your time.
And then if you really need alembic at the end just reexport it in alembic from 3dsmax, so max will eat it with no issue after this.

Edited by JDee