multitouch [x,y] recording from tablet (e.g. ipad)

Please, did anybody succeed to record multitouch [x,y] coordinates? For example on tablet with fingers? And then transfer the recording to Houdini as arrays, or chop channels? I am using my wacom and keyboard to record CHOPs and drive abstract effects to the music. I would so much like to move my skills forward. Any tip is highly appreciated. I was searching and did not find any tips, but this is close, for example Ableton and this: http://www.touch-able.com/xy-pad

Edited by ikoon

Thank you very very much for directing me, I am digging into it.

- is TouchOSC good for this purpose? ----- TouchOSC is fine, Lemur is more advanced, has scripting
- isn't TD 099 Educational version limited to make this happen, technically? ----- Educational is fine
- 099 beta is ok? or stay with 088? ----- 099 is ok
- here is a walkthrough ----- https://matthewragan.com/2013/06/15/vizualizing-osc-data-touchdesigner-2

Other tips and any experience are highly appreciated.

So it seems, that I am on the TD train now too. I have seen talks about TD here, and few people from TD community here on the forum. So I am sharing my simple Houdini scene, I finished it yesterday. Everything is almost 100% realtime, without any cache. You may like some VEX I did there. For example quite fast custom VEX POP tracer. I am looking forward to TD&Houdini multitouches.

strokes.png

strokes - v8.hiplc

records.bclip

Edited by ikoon
questions answered, also added my records.bclip

Everything works fine, except one small issue. Importing .chan works fine but it doesn't contain recorded channel names from TD to H.

.clip contains channel names but importing .clip into Houdini gives me "Invalid token" error

I have tried to investigate and there are small differencies in .clip as Houdini and Touchdesigner creates them. Please, can anybody help?

Houdini:
{
rate = 24
start = 0
tracklength = 240
tracks = 1
{
name = chan1
data = 0 0.25881904363632202 0.5 0.70710676908493042 0.86602538824081421

Touchdesigner:
{
rate = 60