cloth disable collision per point

WhyGee

Sure, instead of using direct point numbers in your constraint just reference a group name. Then you can animate the group contents via a bounding box to include or remove points when you need to. It works the same way with a collision object too. Use a group, followed up with a Delete, to define what part of the object is to be a collider. You will need to make sure the collision object is treated as deforming geometry in this case.

Edited by Atom

Hi Atom, 

Not sure I understand what you mean, but maybe I wasn't clear. 

Imagine a table cloth falling onto a table top. I'd like to be able to have half of the cloth collide with the table while the other will pass through it. I want it to be controllable on the cloth and not delete part of the collider itself if that's what you meant?

Thanks!

YG

I'm not sure about per point collisions, but could you not just make a collision object the size of half your table, sim with it, then render/display with the full table? It will look like it collides with half and go through the other half. 

unfortunately no, that was just a simple example to explain the problem. The scene itself is more complicated and the cloth is moving around. I need some of it to pass thru wherever it may encounter a collider. I'm looking for something like the wire solver "nocollide" attribute if I remember correctly. 

Thanks!