Reloading File Sequences For All Files?

mark

When im compositing a number of layers i often have to select all the inputs (i.e. File COPs) and "reload sequence" when anything changes. Is there a way to do this such as "Reload all" - if not it should be easy enough to make one but where would i start?

you should be able to just drag select all your file nodes at once and then just hit reload.. it should do it for all of them..

that or you could probably create a simple script (will be much easier if you have similar naming conventions) and bind it to an alias or F key..

thanks dave, selecting all and clicking reload sounds like the easiest.. but this means i need to have an organised layout! ;)

i'll investigate a script at some stage, it would be useful.

You could also:

1) Select Tools->Clear Compositing Cache (Alt+Shift+R) to clear the files (and everything else too, but since File nodes tend to be most of your base generators, this isn't as bad as it sounds)

or, in 8.0,

2) Check the 'Reload All Files' toggle in the Composite Output driver (if you are using one). It will then reload all the Files nodes every time before it renders.