381.22 Nvidia driver...anyone using it?

art3mis

Thanks.

Marty, so you aren't running 381?

Carlo, can I ask did you do an upgrade thru 'Software & Updates" or did you do a manual install?

A search on the official Nvidia download page results in version 381.09. Not sure why 381.22 didn't come up.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/117741/en-us

but (from experience and too many wasted weekends) I am extremely nervous about doing any manual install...

Edited by art3mis

3 minutes ago, art3mis said:

but (from experience and too many wasted weekends) I am extremely nervous about doing any manual install...

then why do the upgrade? There will be no improvement most likely with the new driver.

What marty says is good advice - if the driver you have is working for you, and you don't have any particular need to upgrade it, leave it be. OpenGL has effectively tapped out at GL4.5, and the only things added are vendor-specific extensions which we rarely use. Lately Nvidia has had some bad driver releases, especially on the consumer side as they alter the driver support the current AAA game of the month.