Demo Reel suggestion

kashmere

Liberty Poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should I go with the idea of aliens blowing up the statue?

• yes, go for it.
    • no!

Hey guys,

I am new to houdini and FX, I am preparing my first student FX reel now. I am working on Independence day like shot with alien beam blowing up the Statue of Liberty.

One of my tutors have expressed reservations that using statue of liberty for a pyro destruction reel may not be ok for political reasons, even though the aliens are the ones doing it. I want your take on this, all are welcome to give their input.

I have attached a flipbook, there is no beam there yet though.

full_explosion_v4.mov

I think I kind of agree with your tutor. The way it could work is you could start off very close up and when you pull back the scene is actually a diorama in a museum display case or something. A kids shoe box. Go for a laugh rather a than a cry.  Plus you practice the art of the reveal.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kashmere said:

I am new to houdini and FX, I am preparing my first student FX reel now. I am working on Independence day like shot with alien beam blowing up the Statue of Liberty.

The only thing people in the industry care about is if you blow it up well or not.