WIP - ok++'s softbodies RnD + .hip files

yglemarec

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing @yglemarec! Unfortunately "torus+wrinckles+.hiplc" does not work for me as expected in Houdini 16.0.600. The torus object causes some nice wrinkles but does not stretch the cloth object as seen in your tests - I attached a screenshot to reflect that:

torus.jpg

I would appreciate any ideas how to make that work. Thanks again.

Cheers, Christian

Edited by p2or
formatting

Hi @p2or , i don't know how to solve your issue, because i use the 16.0.621 houdini release... may be you should upgrade your software to prevent this bug ...but if you can't : replace your RBD torus collider by a cloth torus with a big stiffness multiplier (10000) + a big target strength (1e+06) to get a torus as rigid as possible.

viel spass,

Yohann

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yglemarec said:

Hi @p2or , i don't know how to solve your issue, because i use the 16.0.621 houdini release... may be you should upgrade your software to prevent this bug ...but if you can't : replace your RBD torus collider by a cloth torus with a big stiffness multiplier (10000) + a big target strength (1e+06) to get a torus as rigid as possible.

viel spass,

Yohann

Indeed, many thanks @yglemarec  - Obviously a bug in 16.0.600, I've just installed 16.0.705. and it works as expected... Cheers! Christian

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...