yglemarec

WIP - ok++'s softbodies RnD + .hip files

yglemarec    31

some other files  from "softbody- week3" video  to understand how to mimic interaction between rbd/cloth , pyro/cloth, how to play with attributes and multisolver like @massdensity. 

same way for fluid/cloth interaction and other attributes used in the video.

++

cloth+pyro.hipnc

blob+boxes-shellmassdensity.hipnc

blob-shellmassdensity.hipnc

• Like 6

jim c    9

Agreed! I haven't had a chance to look, but the videos look really cool! Thanks for sharing.

p2or    1

Thanks for sharing @yglemarec! Unfortunately "torus+wrinckles+.hiplc" does not work for me as expected in Houdini 16.0.600. The torus object causes some nice wrinkles but does not stretch the cloth object as seen in your tests - I attached a screenshot to reflect that:

torus.jpg

I would appreciate any ideas how to make that work. Thanks again.

Cheers, Christian

Edited by p2or
formatting

yglemarec    31

Hi @p2or , i don't know how to solve your issue, because i use the 16.0.621 houdini release... may be you should upgrade your software to prevent this bug ...but if you can't : replace your RBD torus collider by a cloth torus with a big stiffness multiplier (10000) + a big target strength (1e+06) to get a torus as rigid as possible.

viel spass,

Yohann

• Like 1

p2or    1
12 minutes ago, yglemarec said:

Hi @p2or , i don't know how to solve your issue, because i use the 16.0.621 houdini release... may be you should upgrade your software to prevent this bug ...but if you can't : replace your RBD torus collider by a cloth torus with a big stiffness multiplier (10000) + a big target strength (1e+06) to get a torus as rigid as possible.

viel spass,

Yohann

Indeed, many thanks @yglemarec  - Obviously a bug in 16.0.600, I've just installed 16.0.705. and it works as expected... Cheers! Christian

• Like 1